Kidspiration was created for K-5 learners and can currently be found on networked school computers in K-5 schools on the application menu in the productivity folder. Kidspiration develops thinking, literacy, and numeracy skills using proven visual learning principles. In reading and writing, the software strengthens word recognition, vocabulary, comprehension and written expression. Creating webs and diagrams provides students with a visual connection to the content they are learning.
- Complete or create a graphic organizer: main idea/detail, venn diagram, compare/contrast, character traits, story maps, cause/effect, etc.
- Begin the writing process in a concept map and transfer to outline view
- Create a timeline, food chain or food web
- Use the virtual math manipulatives in math view to solve problems and model on an interactive whiteboard.
Tutorials & Resources
- Kidspiration's video tutorials
- Kidspiration Quick Guide (Created by the FCPS TRTs)
- Kidspiration Basics (Created by the FCPS TRTs)
- Picture View screencast (By Atomic Learning)
- Writing View screencast (By Atomic Learning)
- Math View (Created by FCPS TRTs)
- Kidspiration Activities (Created by FCPS TRTs)
- Ideas for integrating into the curriculum
- Kidspiration: Customizing Clip Art